Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Friday, August 22, 2003



The limits of tolerance Apparently, the op-ed page of the Strib is far too right-wing for some people. On Wednesday, they published the following letter:

No room for Rush

I was troubled when I saw that the Star Tribune featured a commentary by Rush Limbaugh, a notorious racist hatemonger whose points of view are more about sharpening the sword of divisiveness than uniting us.

He is nothing but a right-wing demagogue and haranguer of the intolerant and undereducated.

I will not hesitate to discontinue my subscription should more of his work appear in so prominent a position again. It is embarrassing to have such a paper delivered to the door of my otherwise enlightened and tolerant home and community. To have this hideous scourge occupy this prime space in your paper as you did shames us all as Minnesotans.

Cathy Grisham, Minneapolis.


Today, their letters included this response:

I want to thank the writer of the Aug. 20 letter, "No room for Rush," for shining light on one of the grand hypocrisies of the left: All opinions will be heard and tolerated, so long as you in the left wing agree with them.

To paraphrase George Orwell, all opinions are equal, but some opinions are more equal than others.

Mark Palony, Robbinsdale.


I think that pretty much sums it up.


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home