Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Wednesday, November 16, 2005


Hat-equitte

I have noticed that a lot of men (I will refrain from commenting on women, as rules for women’s hats are, unsurprisingly, beyond all comprehension) wear hats (though I rarely if ever do, partly because my head is shaped funny, and is huge, and is covered by an insurmountable mass of hair) in class.  I know it seems a little high school, but would it kill you to take the hat of in class?  Wear a hat in a courtroom and the judge will bench-slap you.  Ditto on legislative chambers.  While our classrooms, certainly not those here in Mondale Hall, are neither of these, I don’t think that it would be a bad idea to take it off.  After all, a hat serves absolutely no purpose indoors to begin with.  Need to keep your head warm?  Sun out of your eyes? No.  While I am not nearly as anti-hat as P.J. O’Rourke, who famously wrote “A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life.  Nothing looks more stupid than a hat.” I think that wearing a hat in class looks ridiculous.  Outdoors, hallway, even the library, ok, fine, wear it.  We all know you’re going bald anyway.  (joking, joking)


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home