Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Monday, November 28, 2005


Re: Lucky

Jmag,
While I must confess to not being as well versed in Chambers’ actual writings as I should be, I have read a fair amount about him.  What I find very interesting is that he enrolled at Western Maryland College at a relatively advanced age to study science, having been told by Arthur Koestler that he could not possibly understand the world without understanding science.  I think his pessimism with respect to the march of communism, at least at that time (and with his health issues, I suppose it would be difficult to be all sunshine and daisies), was justified, and we can be thankful that at least on this he was wrong.  Derbyshire’s pessimism though I usually find amusing, and he is one of those few political writers who also ventures fairly credibly into science.  


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home