Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Friday, January 13, 2006


High Noonan at the Senate Corrall

You know how I always tell you to read Peggy Noonan?  Well that’s because you should. On the (what else?) confirmation hearings:

“In this, in the hearings, he [Joe Biden] is unlike Ted Kennedy in that he doesn't seem driven by some obscure malice--Uh, I, uh, cannot, uh, remembuh why I hate you, Judge Alioto, but there, uh, must be a good reason and I will, um, damn well find it. When he peers over his glasses at Judge Alito he is like an old woman who's unfortunately senile and quite sure the teapot on the stove is plotting against her. Mr. Biden is also unlike Chuck Schumer in that he doesn't ask questions with an air of, With this one I'm going to trap you and leave you flailing like a bug in a bug zapper--we're going to hear your last little crackling buzz any minute now!”


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home