Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Tuesday, February 07, 2006


More Cartooning

So, Iran is soliciting Holocaust Cartoons? Boy, that's unexpected. JSW's got a good post on the subject, but I have something else to add. I've kind of rethought my position. As a religious person, I'm kind of upset, not proud, that a lot of Christians don't care enough to protest when the mainstream press bashes them. But I am proud that we don't resort to violence, burning buildings, or attempting to respond in kind. And we're supposed to believe that Iran was just sitting there, full of love for their neighbors, and all of a sudden cartoons popped up, and just to teach us a lesson, they're going to show us what free speech entails? And equating a cartoon of Mohammed with a bomb for a hat with cartoons making fun of the death of millions of people? Will Eisner's last graphic novel should be mandatory reading for these people (and if you don't know what I'm talking about, go look it up).


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home