Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Wednesday, March 22, 2006


Conspiracy Theories

Generic Heretic (see the link at the side) still has some questions about what took place on 9/11. So do I. He thinks the whole story has not yet been told. I think all the functional pieces are in place. Planes controled by Al Qaueda fanatics piloted planes into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and a meadow in Pennsylvania. Sure, there are some unexplained things. However, at least one theory is pretty well debunked in this essay here. There are numerous other reports on the subject as well. Nick is more interested in tower number 7. My opinion on most conspiracy theories (not to say Nick believes these theories, just being naturally inquisitive) as on almost all involving the government, is that the government is remarkably poor at keeping secrets. A gigantic conspiracy or even a little one would (in my opinion) be difficult to engineer for our (or any) inept government, and would be almost impossible to keep quiet. I'm satisfied that we know the important facts about 9/11, i.e who did it and (basically) why. The physics of the situation, however unfortunately, are a bit beyond my grasp (and the grasp of most of my colleagues, I'd wager).


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home