Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Tuesday, March 07, 2006


SoDak Takes a Stand

I think it's time to get around to discussing this. I can understand the concerns from pro-life groups, and the elation of some pro-choice groups, who think this is far too early to bring it up. But I guess I think it's time for a fight. It's time to battle again, to bring it out in the open, to take a stand. This is the single most important political issue in our time (or at least the most contentious). I (not surprisingly) hope that the Court overrules Roe, leaving this most important of decisions up to the political process. I'm not sure that this is the most politically savvy way to accomplish this end. But I know that I'm tired of having meaningless debates over hypotheticals. I'm glad that this is out now, and up for debate. I salute South Dakota, and I hope this leads to meaningful debate on the issue at least, and perhaps even a reversal of Roe.


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home