Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


Bygones

Dan Rather officially parted ways with CBS today, and I think it is an occasion worth noting, even though it is not at all a surprise and has indeed been a long time coming.  Still, Rather was the CBS Evening News Anchor for the first 20+ years of my life, the veritable face of the network.  I wasn't always cool with Dan, especially during the whole "Memogate" ordeal, but as usual, Peggy Noonan cooled me down a bit and put things in perspective with a column that came out right after his retirement from the anchor chair was announced.  Rather apparently plans to pursue his passions elsewhere, though none of the reports I saw gave any details.  At 74, I imagine he still has enough years left in him to redeem his somewhat tarnished image, and my bet is that he is planning to do just that.  Here's wishing him well.  


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home