Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Friday, July 14, 2006


Good Post

Here's a nice post on the ABA's stranglehold on accreditation from the volokh conspiracy. As an aspiring lawyer, my self interest tells me to support the ABA, considering that in some sense, I'm one of the "haves". But in another sense, competition actually is good for the public in general, in most professions. ABA accreditation should not be a prereq. for taking the bar in my opinion. If somebody goes to law school and passes the bar, they should be able to practice. If it's a crappy law school, firms will definitely take that into consideration. If the person wants to practice on their own, they'll have to charge much less, thus supplying more legal services to people with a lack of resources. It makes sense to me.


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home