Site Meter
Fritz Feds

Saturday, May 19, 2007


My Buddy Mike

Michael Moore has a new moving coming out; it's called "Sicko" and at least from what I can tell it's not an autobiography. While I care very little about Moore and his movies, I though that I should mention this for two reasons. 1) I haven't posted in a very long time, and 2) because this is funny:

"A spokeswoman for the Weinstein Company that produced Moore's film said the documentary "has been placed in a secret location outside the country (outside the United States)" because of fears it might be taken by US officials."

And not in a "it's funny because it's true" sort of way, but in a sarcastic "yeah, that happens ALL THE TIME in the U.S." sort of way. Then again, if the film was evidence of illegal activity, like, say, going to Cuba without permission, there could be a reason to seize it (I don't know one way or the other), but the suggestion is that poor everyman Michael is going to be censored by the big bad Bush administration because they don't like what he says in his movie.

UPDATE: Here's Rich Lowry on the actual state of health care in Cuba.


0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment

Home